While not all medical organizations agree on what you need and when here’s what the National Women’s Health Information Center suggests:
- Thyroid test – every 5yrs beginning at age 35.
- Blood pressure test – Every 2yrs beginning at age 18.
- Cholesterol Test- Start at age 20 and let your doctor suggest frequency.
- Bone mineral density test – Have baseline test around age 40 and let your doctor decide on frequency.
- Blood sugar test – Every 3yrs beginning at age 45.
- Mammogram – Beginning at age 40, every one to two years.
- Pap test/Pelvic exam – 1-3yrs if you are sexually active, up to age 65. After age 65 let your doctor decides on frequency.
- Colorectal health testing – Yearly fecal occult blood test beginning at age 50.